28 Nov. 2011
LNCS proceedings is available online
25 August 2011
Pictures from the conference are now on the web.
15 August 2011
Online Registration is closed, but OnSite registration is possible.
26 July 2011
Updated info about venue, etc.
18 June 2011
13 June 2011
EXTENSION: Doctoral Symposium has the submission site open for 12 more hours (i.e., until midnight, Oslo time).
7 June 2011
Registration page for the main conference is open.
6 June 2011
Author notification: list of accepted papers available
03 June 2011
Submission site opened for the Doctoral Symposium.
04 Apr. 2011
Deadline Extension: submission deadline has been extended to 14 April (midnight Hawaii time)
29 Mar. 2011
Sponsorships are available for participants. See Registration page for details on eligibility criteria.
16 Feb. 2011
FCT 2011 is honored by the invited speakers:
11 Feb. 2011
One can use the FCT11 Posters for display with the purpose of advertising the FCT 2011 symposium.
31 Jan. 2011
10 Jan. 2011
First call for workshops is out
15 Dec. 2010
First call for papers is out
14 Dec. 2010
Web Page is up
Oslo offers a wide range of hotels and accommodations (see Map of Hotels). However, especially during the sun-filled months in summer, hotels are packed and it can be tricky to find a decently-priced stay within easy reach, especially if booking late.
FCT organizers therefore pre-booked a certain quantity of rooms, which will be kept available for FCT participants (and the participants of the associated workshops). The date when the rooms are no longer kept free is mentioned in the table below.
Here is a first list of secured rooms. The prices are given per night and include taxes and breakfast. The first 2 Thon-hotels in the list are categorized by the hotel chain as "budget"-hotels, the 3rd hotel is classified as "city"-hotel. We have secured not an overall quantity, but a number of rooms in each hotel (i.e., if one of the hotels is already booked by participants, there might still be capacity in the others).
|Single Room |
|Double Room |
|Double Room |
|Kept free until |
|Thon Hotel Astoria (ref. nr. (5341890)||745 NOK||07th August 2011|
|Thon Hotel Munch (ref. nr. 73983)||795 NOK||1060 NOK||1060 NOK|
|Thon Hotel Gyldenlove (ref. nr. 4889880)||1010 NOK||20th July|
You should mention the given reference number while booking your room in order to benefit of the agreement. As the block reservations are secured, do not hesitate to contact the hotel if you experience problems when booking a room. If you want to book a double room for two people (like when coming with a companion) please contact the hotel directly for the price.
Additional "non-secured" rooms can be booked
- through the comprehensive local guide at VisitOslo or
- throught hotelscombined which offer a 10 percent discount for university students and teachers (i.e. most of the people who will attend the conference) if you're willing to send them a fax with some proof of your status.
- or at Cochs Pensjonat which is near the royal castle, has cheap and nice rooms and atmosphere. You have varied types of rooms to choose from.
- or hotelweb
- or you could go for a (small) apartment with Oslo Apartments
- or can try searching through youth hostel portals that usually list also cheep 2-3 stars hotels: hostelbookers or hostelworld (these portals can show the search result on the map of Oslo, which can be useful for orientation wrt. conference site).
If you encounter problems do not hesitate to contact us.
More Cheap Hostel Accommodation
Because the conference takes place exactly when the university semester starts in U. Oslo, we cannot offer student accommodation.
But there are a few youth hostels in Oslo that are of good standard and one can even find single rooms if booked in advance. Unfortunately, Oslo does not have too many of these youth hostels. One should try:
- Haraldsheim Youth Hostel which is nice and close to the Sinsen metro station.
- Anker Hostel which is nice and friendly, with more single rooms and more down-town, close to public transport.
- Hostel Ronningen YMCA which is on the outskirts of Oslo, near the forest. It is in walking distance to the train station and tram station. One should take 30-45min to reach the conference site (using train first to Oslo S and then changing to the metro from there to the conference site). The same Oslo transportation ticket works up to there. See more info about venue and transportation and conference site on the Venue page.
- Sentrum Pensjonat which is in the centre and has single and double rooms.
- Holtekilen Youth Hostel which is also outside Oslo centre but in walking distance to train station that takes about 10-15min to Oslo S.
One could also share a room with other FCT participants (this would increase your chances of finding a place in the youth hostels of Oslo). If you wish this, we can try to mediate this and gather together the other people; therefore, send an e-mail to the organizers (i.e., Cristian Prisacariu at cristi at ifi.uio.no) stating this (and other preferences/suggestions).